Sunday, July 25, 2010

Letting Go

I like to take the lead in many aspects of my life. Doug and I tried to take a dance lesson for our wedding (almost 4 years ago!!!!) and the instructor told me I was a helpless cause--I was trying to lead, rather than letting Doug lead me.

I was always the kid in school who would rather do an entire group project herself than let the group "ruin" it.

I very rarely ask for help and when I do, it is usually more of a hassle than actual help.

I dominate conversations.

I ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS have to have the last word.

I don't know exactly why I am this way...I won't say it's a bad thing, but control is so powerful it can be a little over whelming when it is overused.

I need to let go. I envy those who can have control when it's needed but also let loose when its appropriate.

Today, I ask that God free me from the chains of control, that I can learn to trust others to make sound decisions and for once, let others lead and I follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment