Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Eat Pray Love

It's sad that a movie preview drove me to want to read a dang book. No matter how it happened though, I am glad I decided to introduce reading back into my life. The first book I am reading is Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and I am sure everyone has read it already, except me.

I am not a good reader. I don't comprehend well. I fall asleep when I read. And I don't really have the patience to read. Top that with the horrible memories of having to read a book for school, write a report and take a test in a months time was hard for me, so reading is not my favorite thing to do in life.

However, I was talking with a friend--who happens to be an English teacher and she said, "Anne, you aren't in school anymore. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to finish a book and the best part is, you don't have to take a test." She also commented that I can actually choose to read books that strike a chord with me...Good point friend!

So here I am, about 5 pages into my new book and I am scared. Is that normal?! I am thinking to myself all the other things I could be doing (facebook, cleaning, working out, watching tv, sleeping) but I have to remind myself that it is good to get lost in a book.

I already know I am going to love the book and my goal is to finish it before the film comes out (by the way, it looks AMAZING!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment