Thursday, June 24, 2010

My twin...

Photobucket

26 years ago, God blessed me with my twin. She and I were a surprise to my parents, since they were both in their forties. After 6 children, they thought their baby days were over...Theresa and I have always had a way of keeping things interesting I guess!

What was even more a surprise was when my mom gave birth to us. Back in the day, they did not to ultrasounds, so the Dr. Just assumed that since my mom was gaining a lot of weight (like 25-30 lbs is is hardly ANYTHING for twins) that she'd have a big baby boy.

My mom went in to labor, pushed and out came a tiny 4 lb 14 oz baby girl. uh-oh! 8 minutes later out came a tiny 5 lb 6 oz little girl. The 4 lb feisty one was me and the 5 pound "forgotten one" was Theresa. Theresa was hidden from the doctor...apparently I started loving attention the moment i entered the womb! Anyway, because of this Theresa was very sick and had to stay in the hospital for a while. Mom said she was a little fighter though, she rebound and ended up leaving the hospital a very healthy baby!

From the moment we were born, I was Theresa's protector. Lord knows I would fight and fight her, but if ANYONE tried to hurt MY twin--they had another thing coming! From homework, to boys, to friends and even sleeping in the same bed until we were 15 (ok even into college) because she was scared of the dark or a scary movie and just wanted me there. Truth is, I was scared too, but I didn't want to let my twin down--I never not wanted to be there for her.

I know it seems like I painted a pretty picture--and I'll say that today, our friendship couldn't be stronger--I love her in a way that only other twins can understand, but the truth is, Theresa and I didn't get along for the major majority of high school and even the first part of college.

call it the normal teenage girl melodrama, but with us, we made it very hard to live in our house. Honestly, I am ashamed of the things I said and did to hurt my twin and she has since said the same. It has been a long road of recovery--mending some of the damage that each of us put on one another. Now, though, I look back and see those trials and heartache as a blessing, a gift. Theresa and I are so incredibly close and I think its because of the storms that we were able to weather together.

Anyway--my twin is about ready to give birth to her second baby and we are so excited! We have such a HUGE family, but with each new birth, it feels like the very first all over again.

Theresa never got maternity pictures taken with Louis and said she regretted it. Now that she is pregnant again, she didn't want to miss the opportunity to get some pictures to record her pregnancy. I was honored that she asked me to be apart of that memory and I hope I did her proud....

This little girl ain't even born yet, and already a style diva!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She is one GORGEOUS MOMMY! I think in this picture, you see her soul--what a beautiful person you are twinny.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The cute little blond is my nephew and soon to be big brother! So what do you think, will Dar have blond hair, like her brother? Or Dark hair, like her mommy?

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a specially crafted picture Louis made for his baby sister. He claims it is a picture of butterflies and footballs!

Photobucket

Theresa, I love you so much--I am so glad that I have a best friend, and sister like you to walk through life's journey with. Even though you and I are grown up, married and moms, there is always and will always be a special place in my heart for you. Everytime we see each other, I feel like we are 5 again playing my little pony, barbies or trying to fly--you are amazing.

Can't wait to meet my precious niece--she is such a lucky girl to have a mommy like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment