Saturday, June 26, 2010

amazing day!

I don't know where to begin. My day was so amazing, I don't even know how I am going to explains it's wonderment in a semi short post...but I will do my best. I guess my "day" started yesterday evening when I got to hang out with two important ladies---my twin, Theresa and my BFF, Brittany. I woke up, had an amazing cup of coffee and hosted a garage sale. Deacon was so incredibly patient through the entire sale and I even made a few bucks for our upcoming vacation--woo hoo!

Next I got to hang out with amazing people! I have the pleasure of photographing weddings on Saturday's with my amazing sister-in-law or as I'll refer as S-I-L (shameless plug: redphotofusion.com)

Today was one of those days that make me realize WHY I LOVE photographing weddings. Sara and Ben, two of the most incredible people who are head over heels in love, got married today. Let me back track. I met sara the day her good friend got married (again, another amazing day, family, etc, but that is a completely different story!!!) Anyway in conversation at her friend's wedding, I discovered that my S-I-L was photographing her wedding, but I wasn't booked for that day. My heart sank, but I couldn't bear to tell her I wasn't going to be there. Anyway, a twist of fate happened and it turned out that I was able to photograph the wedding.

SO why was it so awesome? number one, Sara's parents are gems. number two--she is in some way, kinda like me--quirky, silly, and finds humor in all aspects of life--so it was just meant that we met, I was destined to capture her wedding. number three--it was like a mini reunion, getting to see Macaira, her husband Andy and Macaira's family at Sara's wedding.

I got to witness at the wedding several beautiful things:

* two people who couldn't be more in love.
* kindness and generosity
* a grandmother who has more style than me who is unbelievably close to her granddaughter
* I got to witness a "hard as stone grandfather" burst into tears when he saw his granddaughter in her wedding dress
*I saw the love of sisters
* I got to listen to not 1, but 3 of the best weddings toasts on the planet.
*I heard beautiful voices of Sara's students singing at the wedding
* I witnessed the most creative b/g first dance ever--epic.

I am a better person for having met Ben and Sara and I wish them nothing but the best in life!

Next, my twin is in the hospital...that's all I know--hoping it is baby time! That in of itself makes for an amazing day.

Another amazing moment--ran into a co-worker as he was inspecting my Brother in laws lateral (that IS unfortunate, but that fact that I ran into him was cool)

The last amazing moment for my Saturday just happened seconds ago. I walked in the door, said hello to doug and I immediately hear Deacon calling for me. I looked at doug and cocked my head wondering why he was still awake. Semi-annoyed I went upstairs (reciting Corinthians I) and tried to be patient. I walked in Deacon's room and he got on his knees wrapped his sweet arms around me and whispered perfectly into my ear, "I love you mommy, so much."

As much as I was wishing he would be asleep (because 10pm is too late for a 3-year-old to be awake) I was so happy he wasn't. I had my own special moment with my son. I got to hug him a little longer and tighter and we got some good giggles in as well because we were exchanging butterfly kisses. He was the icing on the cake!

I plan to close the evening with a nice shower to rinse the sweat away from the wedding, drink a glass of wine, cuddle up with my husband and fall asleep only to wake up and hopefully enter into an amazing Sunday!

OH and there is cold pepperoni pizza in the fridge...LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment