Thursday, June 17, 2010

it rained for 40 days...

I love the rain, how it refreshes the earth, the soul.

Nothing is more heaven-sent than being able to lay in bed, snuggled under the covers while listening to the world's symphony. From the beginning first drops to the gentle christening of the rain baptising the earth with a new beginning, I lay awake in wonder.

while the music unfolds, I wait for the crescendo..the thunder, the lightening. I am taken aback by the beauty of the dark night sky light up with such a commanding presence. I just lay, listen and nod off into a dream-like state and enjoy the moment.

Deacon will sometimes get a little frightened by the storms and I now that I have a child it is so fun to talk to them about God and his angels bowling. To this day, I still call out "strike!" with every crack of thunder I hear. He finally settled down, climbed into bed and we watched t.v. as we always do right before bed. We said prayers, read books and exchanged, I love yous before it was time for me to say goodnight. I think Deacon learned that night that Thunderstorms aren't scary, but rather, a lullaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment