Monday, September 27, 2010

The return of the BBL

I went grocery Shopping this weekend. I HATE grocery shopping. Maybe I just loathe buying required things: gas, groceries, bills, etc. It's more fun to blow your money frivolously on clothes, shoes, housewares and other fun items.  I get to choose frivolous items; do I want the brown jacket, the blue jacket or both?  With required payments, you don't have the luxury of choice.  I take that back.  I do have a choice--I can choose not to pay my bills, by groceries or put gas in my car---but you see that would get me anywhere now would it.

So I hate buying the so-called required items because it limits the money I have left over for the more frivolous items--oh the drama-filled life I lead, huh?

So now that I've heard the tiny violins play to my woes, its time to embrace my grocery shopping adventure.  Having an assortment of fresh groceries in my home allows me to, in the long run, save money.  Today was the first day in almost 2 weeks that I've packed my lunch.  Work to say the least has been hectic.  2 weeks ago was filled with co-worker birthday lunches, lunch meetings, etc--so no packing healthier items for me.  Last week I just didn't take the time to pack (and the lack of groceries prevented me from doing so).  SO I bought lunch (not good for my wallet).  I told myself I was going to eat healthy--but no.  French fries and hamburgers all week...I felt like I have 5 pounds of lead in my body.  I was moving sluggish, I was tired and I just felt BLAH!

Today is different.  Even though I was getting a late start this morning, I still packed--I forced myself.  I had to give myself a pep talk, "Anne this is good for you and your budget..."  repeating that mantra over and over allowed me to get through the intense desire to just buy my lunch again.  Thank goodness I stayed strong---I do have a willpower!

SO without any further adieu here is what my breakfast/lunch consisted of:

breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal (old fashioned oats) with 1 small banana mixed in
                coffee with sugar free hazelnut cream

Lunch: 1 cup strawberries
           1 turkey wrap (60 cal/low carb wheat wrap with lettuce, tomato and peppered turkey breast
           light and fit yogurt
           water

Snack: edamane
           celery with a tiny taste of peanut butter
           water

Dinner: skyline.  before you judge:  Deacon and I go EVERY Monday.  Why? Doug pulls doubles on Monday, so this gives Deacon the opportunity to see his daddy!  I stayed healthy and got a classic chicken salad, no cheese with light italian dressing.

I just have to tell myself, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this! 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment