Monday, September 20, 2010

OH Baby!

You may remember an earlier post of my dear friend Witni and her husband. I had the joy and honor of documenting her pregnancy and just recently was overjoyed when they wanted me to come back and photograph their little one!

Emil is almost two weeks old and wasn't actually due until 9/17. Apparently Witni had a stern talking to her little man and told him it was time for him to come and greet the world!

She went into labor on 9/7 and didn't deliver the baby for another 33 hours. And for those keeping score, this chick labored naturally...no drugs. I can't decide if she is crazy or superwoman.

I had such a fun time photographing little Emil (named after Eric's grandfather!) and had an even more joy watching how my sweet, little friend just knew exactly what to do--she is for sure a mom and a life long member of mom hood---welcome to the club Wit--we are so glad to have you as one of us!

So without further adieu, here is Emil Regan (pronounced EM-UL REE-gan):

Love how is one eye is open...like he doesn't want to miss a second of this new world he just woke up to!
Photobucket

sweet little man!
Photobucket

There is something to be said for a mom and her son. I am so lucky to have Deacon in my life and I can only wish for Witni that she feels the same way about her little guy
Photobucket


Photobucket

A favorite!
Photobucket



Photobucket


baby in basket=super cute!
Photobucket


Emil is one lucky kid. Not only to have such wonderful parents, but because those parents own their very own baby blanket company. Blanketmybaby.com. The swaddler you see here is an Aden + Anais muslin swaddler and boy did it work wonders for Emil!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Every baby needs a ridiculous hat--not ridiculous in a bad way--in an "oh my Gosh, that's so adorable" way!
Photobucket


My favorite picture from the sesh!
Photobucket
I told Witni she wasn't going to be in that picture until I looked up and saw that sweet new mother gaze and I had to have her in the frame. Witni--this defines love and you define what a mother is through that peaceful, blessed grin that you have on your face. I love you so much and am so excited for your journey with your new family!

No comments:

Post a Comment